The Superior Trade Zone is a multi-governmental partnership between units of government in Delta and Marquette Counties. The Superior Trade Zone provides in helping to establish and implement programs which encourages regional economic growth, development, investment, job creation and job retention. There are eight (8) key roles of the Board:
- Educate the public about regional planning issues that will encourage economic development and investment, job creation and job retention, and ancillary growth.
- Cooperate and coordinate with other units of government on matters that impact the region with respect to economic development activities and functions supportive of economic development activities within the designated Superior Trade Zone Territory.
- Prepare, adopt, and maintain design standards to be applied to property and developments, which receive economic development incentives under the program and relevant laws.
- Prepare, adopt, and maintain a Superior Trade Zone Master Design Plan for areas within the district of the Corporation.
- Review Superior Trade Zone partners community’s draft master plans when submitted for that purpose, and provide coordination of planning and zoning in other units of government when asked to do so.
- Review and comment on proposed public works projects for business development when part of a Superior Trade Zone Territory.
- Prepare and annually adopt an operating budget and capital improvement program.
- Prepare and review incentive plans.
A competitive workforce, affordable cost of living, and nature-based lifestyle are among the UP region's distinct advantages. Our communities will welcome your business with incentives. The Michigan Economic Development Corporation (MEDC) partners with local communities to help match your business with the perfect location and all available tax incentives. We're committed to helping your business thrive.
Filter by proximity to:
FOR SALE - $135,000
TYPE OF SPACE: INDUSTRIAL
BUILDING MATERIAL: CONVENTIONAL FRAME
ADA COMPLIANT: ACCESS - RESTROOM, COVERED ENTRANCE, GRAB BAR BATH(S), NO-STEP ENTRANCE, 42 IN. OR MORE ENTRANCE DOOR
HEATING SYSTEM: NATURAL GAS FORCED AIR
AIR CONDITIONING: CENTRAL
YEAR BUILT: 1904
LOT SIZE: 50X140 SF
FOR SALE: $2,300,000/Lease Options Available
Centrally located former Staples store, built in 2001. Site is surrounded by the majority of major recognized trade-name retailers in the market with the back portion of the property running along an access road to Walmart Supercenter. Several access points to building from N. Lincoln Road, 3rd Avenue N., and back access to Walmart. Building is approximately 176 ft. deep, with 133 ft. storefront. Freestanding building with 70 parking stalls on site, a recessed loading dock in back of building adn large pylon sign available along N. Lincoln Road. Also in close proximity to new Meijer and ALDI food stores.
FOR SALE - NEGOTIABLE
1401 Ludington Street - Eastern End of Building: One (1) story 14' tall (on slab) - 1,440 sf, built in 1966. Concrete block - 2.5' metal roof overhang around sides facing Ludington Street, South 14th Street, and along rear of building.
1419 Ludington Street - Center Part of Building: One (1) story 12' tall (on slab) - 7,560 sf, built in 1933. Cold storage space. Western End of the Building: One (1) story 16' tall (with partial basement) - 16,800 sf, built in 1933, brick exterior.
For Sale - $7,500,000; Lease Options Available
Existing "Marquette Mall" in Marquette, Michigan, situated on 21+ acres; with current 183,000+ sq. ft. of leasable space. Center is under a major redevelopment plan, with demolition of center "mall" section, as well as future demolition of auto dealership facility on east end. Auto dealership to be relocated to new site in Marquette, with new facility to be constructed - with tentative move to take place around end of year 2019. After mall demolition, all new leasehold untis to be constructed on build-to-suit basis will be direct storefront units; in addition to a proposed 9,000 sq. ft. outlot along highway. The only current space immediately available for lease is a 35,100 sq. ft. former Big Lots store on far west side of the center. Present tenants include the Michigan Secretary of State office, Dollar Tree, Riverside Auto Group (to be relocated), Up North Car Wash (outlot), and Pizza Hut (outlot).
Availability for approximate 50,000 to 70,000 sq. ft. to replace current center "mall" area and Riverside auto facility. All lease rates to be negotiated; contingent upon size, length of lease, build-out/improvements required, and related factors.
Property is also being offered FOR SALE (an approximate 18 acres - excluding car wash) at $7,500,000. Site is suitable for retail, office, or some form of mixed-use development.